Are your employees working from home? Good, that’s the safest option right now. But if you’re hoping to bring people back into the facility in the future, you’ll need to make sure you have a pandemic preparedness plan ready. Here are three must-haves for your plan:
1) Disinfection: A Clean Workplace is a Safe Workplace
Cleaning and disinfecting your environment is the most important thing you can do to prepare. This will kill all germs to prevent the spread of viruses and bacteria.
There are a couple of ways you can do this:
- Use a viral disinfection kit to handle the cleaning on your own
- Hire a company to handle your disinfection services
2) Policies & Protective Equipment For Employees
- Have masks and gloves readily available for your employees.
- Require everyone to wash their hands with soap and water for 20-30 seconds (40-60 seconds for dirty hands) immediately after taking off personal protective equipment and safety gear.
- Provide hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol and make sure it’s easily accessible.
3) Facial Scanners & Non-Contact Thermometers
Heat-screening facial scanners and non-contact infrared thermometers are valuable tools that can help your company ensure the wellbeing of your staff. Learn more about these tools here.
These three are a good start, but there is a lot more information available for your business. Check out this guide from the CDC for a detailed overview.
About Our Commercial Cleaning Services
Fikes of Minnesota provides disinfection and cleaning services that fit your company’s specific needs. We can make sure your business is consistently fresh and welcoming.
Whether you need deep-cleaning services daily or weekly, we’ll make your customers and employees happy and safe from germs.